none
Outlook Access Token RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing a web Application that will create an event in outlook calendar all is working fine the issue is how can I get the outlook access token by providing the credentials and get the access token as the token expires after 1 hour however it can be silently refresh but when user closes the browser it will not refresh the token silently and will redirect the user to outlook Login page. As it is annoying so is it possible for me to get the token without user interaction
    Friday, November 30, 2018 12:50 PM

All replies

• Hi ArsalanAnsari,

According to my search, it is possible. In fact you could use the Microsoft Graph API.

All you need to do is to get access token to use in your requests to the Graph API, and there at least 4 ways which allow you to do so without user interaction.

In large you need to do the following steps:

Register OAuth App

Configuring App Permission

Use one of the following flows, depending on the information you have:

Flow 1: Get Access Token from Client Credentials (Client credentials Grant)

Flow 2 – Get Access Token From Client & User Credentials (Resource Owner Credentials Grant)

Flow 3 – Get Access Token From Refresh Token (Refresh Token Grant)

Flow 4 – Get Access Token From Another Access Token (On-Behalf-Of Grant)

Use the access token in requests to Microsoft Graph API

For more information, please refer to this link:

Best Regards,

Alina

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Saturday, December 1, 2018 1:44 AM
  • Thanks for your asking. Did you resolve your issue ? If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer and close the post. Thank you for understanding. If you have any question, or update, please feel free to let us know. I wish you a happy life!

Regards,

Alina

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Monday, December 3, 2018 1:19 AM