none
Edit button on ribbon not working in SharePoint 2019 publishing site page RRS feed

• Question

• I have created custom master page from the Seattle master page in SP 2019. I have not modify anything in except adding text in master page. When I am applying new custom master page, everything seems fine except page ribbon button on the page is "working on..." when click the page ribbon and nothing happened. 

Sharepoint Analyst/Developer Pritesh Dhameliya

Monday, April 22, 2019 4:37 PM

All replies

• I have created custom master page from the Seattle master page in SP 2019. I have not modify anything in except  adding text in master page. When I am applying new custom master page, everything seems fine except page ribbon button on the page is "working on..." when click the page ribbon and nothing happened. 

Monday, April 22, 2019 4:15 PM
  • I faced similar issue and found that, all the pages (within a publishing site) which are having 'Discussion Board' web part added, will not go to edit mode by clicking the edit button.

We need to check out first and then go to edit mode. Check if you have Discussion Board web part added in your pages.

Not sure if this is the cause for your issue.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f62ea03d-b272-473a-a663-79938d3fbea4/edit-page-button-not-working-in-publishing-site?forum=sharepointadmin

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Monday, April 22, 2019 5:42 PM
  • Thanks Lakshmanan. I don't have 'Discussion Board'  web part or any of the web part. If I created new page and try to add web part, the edit ribbon button is not coming.

Monday, April 22, 2019 7:13 PM
  • Have you disabled JS in broswer?

Abenet

Monday, April 22, 2019 7:41 PM
  • Per your description, you should meet this issue too when you use default master page.

Try to add the SP site to trusted sites.

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 1:12 AM
  • I don't think I have disable or its disable because if I switch to seattle master page ribbon button is coming fine. 

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 1:46 AM
  • If I switch to default master page then ribbon button is coming fine. Issue starts when use the custom master page. 

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 1:48 AM
  • Hi, PriteshPatel357,

I tried to create a new custom master page and works fine in my environment.  

Does the same issue occur if you create a new custom master page with the same modification?  Would you like to show how you add the text in master page? I will keep working to reproduce your issue. And what is the build number of your SP2019?  You can get it quickly with this article: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sunmeda/2012/06/06/get-sharepoint-farm-build-version-quickly/

Best Regards

Jerry Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 9:29 AM
  • Thanks Jerry. I am using   Build Version | 16.0.10337.12109

I added text below the heading 

I also notice javascript function error in alert.js. I am not using anything but I have added bootstrap.min.js and jquery.min.js. 

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 1:17 PM