Inaccessible logs: Security. RRS feed

• Question

• User1982844092 posted

I'm not sure how to resolve this security issue and for what it's referencing.  I've never setup event logs before in Enteprist Libary 3.1.  I setup an exception policy using the Enterprise Library tool but not sure what else I have to do here.  I HAVE installed the InstallServices.bat for Enterprise Library 3.1 but still get this error.  I don't know how to check if that install bat was successful or not cause it closes out after it runs.

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Security Exception 
    Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file. 

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched.  Inaccessible logs: Security.

Source Error: 

Line 288:                    if (ExceptionPolicy.HandleException(ex, "Elbalazo.DataLayer.Exceptions"))
    Line 289:                    {
    Line 290:                        throw;
    Line 291:                    }
    Line 292:                }

Sunday, March 23, 2008 11:26 PM

All replies

• User-1318114167 posted

Interesting comment about VB,NET.  Feeling a little threatened are we?  Sounds like your technology bound. Its just another language that has a huge following.  I know you think your special and that your language of choice is what everyone else should use but try opening your mind just a little. Accepting, and understanding, multiple languages, platforms, frameworks and architectures is the path to greater success.

31 years, 11 languages, 9 platforms...

Wednesday, April 1, 2009 9:42 AM