VB Express 2010 and SQL Server Compact 3.5 error "Could not retrieve schema information for table or view" RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

Sorry to post ANOTHER version of this question, but I'm not finding an answer that applies to me.  I am brand new to VB Express and SQL Server.  I'm running VB Express 2010 and I have SQL Server Compact 3.5 installed.  In VB Express, I created a Database with a table.  I added data to the table.  I then created a New Project and attempted to connect to the data.  I chose "Add New Data Source...", Database, Dataset, New Connection, Browsed to the table I created, Tested the connection successfully, chose to copy the file into the project, accepted the default connection string, and checked the box next to the table.  But when I clicked "Finish", I got the error.

I've been fighting with one thing or another for two days now, simply trying to get some sort of database to integrate with VB Express.  I don't want to use Access (though I couldn't make that happen either).

Please help!

Scotty

Friday, March 30, 2012 6:52 AM

Answers