Problem with Expression Studio Activation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I'm having a problem activating Expression Studio 4 Ultimate, and I was directed to this forum by Microsoft support.  Basically, the problem I'm having is this:

I've installed ES 4 Ultimate and entered my valid license key.  But when I open one of the applications (Expression Blend, Web, etc), it tells me my "free trial has ended" and it wants me to either enter my license key or validate the product.  If I enter my license key (again), it tells me it's not valid (I assume because I already used it to install the suite in the first place).  If I click "Validate" it tells me that my product is already validated and promptly quits the application.  This happens every time I open any ES 4 application.  Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:37 PM

All replies

• Hello Kenosis.

Take a look at this post.   http://social.expression.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/general/thread/1dddc6b5-7ae8-4df9-bab8-0afa317b4249

Ultimately, they say to disconect your computer from the internet, turn off wifi or unplug your lan.

Try to activate again and select the activate by phone option.  Then they can give you a new key.

~Christine

So, skip the lines, call "Product Activation" Directly

888-571-2048      

Tell them you need to activate your Expression Blend. When you launch Blend, unplug your Internet, select "Activate Product" then select Activate by phone. The person on the phone at that number should be able to help you from there... 

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:49 PM
  • I appreciate your speedy response, Christine.

Unfortunately, I've already tried disconnecting my computer from the internet, and I still get the "Your product is already validated" message, followed by a  force quit. I never get any option to activate by phone. I even fully uninstalled/reinstalled the entire Expression Studio 4 suite and I get the same issue.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:56 PM
  • I'm not sure which support directed you here, but for licensing issues you should contact Microsoft support, to quote from that same thread Christine posted above:

-----

Ron,

If you contact us via support.microsoft.com, we can fix this in about 30 mins max. We're very familiar with how to resolve this problem.

Jim Cheshire -- Microsoft

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:18 PM