none
C# event on comparing documents in Word RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is it possible to catch event when user comparing 2 documents?

I need to do something when new document (comparing result) creates.

Greetings

Krzysztof Czuchra

Thursday, June 7, 2018 11:41 AM

All replies

• Hello Krzysztof Czuchra,

As far as I know, MS Word does not provide an event for comparing  documents.

And in my test, the event for New Document does not trigger even we show changes in new document.

As a workaround for this, you could choose DocumentChange event which could be triggered after comparing document. However it could also be called in many situations, you may need some condition to trigger code in your need.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 8, 2018 2:55 AM
  • Hello Krzysztof Czuchar,

What's the state of the thread? Is your original resolved? If it is, I would suggest you mark helpful reply to close the thread. If not, please feel free to let us know your current issue.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 6:46 AM