none
Problem with "Precompiled header file". Need help !!! RRS feed

• Question

• Dear,

I re-compile Ogre SDK (www.ogre3d.org), i meet a problem. There is an error like:

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: OgreMain, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
    1>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'OgreMain', configuration 'Release|Win32'
    1>Compiling...
    1>cl : Command line warning D9035 : option 'Wp64' has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release
    1>OgrePrecompiledHeaders.cpp
    1>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\vector(46) : error C2857: '#include' statement specified with the /YcOgreStableHeaders.h command-line option was not found in the source file
    1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Le Khanh Thanh\Desktop\KlinkCore\OgreMain\obj\Release\BuildLog.htm"
    1>OgreMain - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)
    ========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Where: OgrePrecompiledHeader with declaration: #include "OgreStableHeaders.h"

My project settings in C/C++ tab is:
    • Precompiled Headers:
                           + Create/Use Precompiled Header: Use Precompiled Header (/Yu)
                           + Create/Use PCH through File: OgreStableHeaders.h
                           + Precompiled Header File: $(InDir)\$(TargetName).pch

Then, i change my setting with:
    • Precompiled Headers:
                           + Create/Use Precompiled Header: Not Using Precompiled Headers
                           + Precompiled Header File:

Compiler still error: error C2857: '#include' statement specified with the /YcOgreStableHeaders.h command-line option was not found in the source file

Then i change my setting again, this time is:
    • Precompiled Headers:
                           + Create/Use Precompiled Header: Create Precompiled Header (/Yc)
                           + Precompiled Header File: $(InDir)\$(TargetName).pch

Compiler still error: error C2857: '#include' statement specified with the /YcOgreStableHeaders.h command-line option was not found in the source file

Pls tell me what i was wrong ?

Thanks

thanhly's
    Monday, May 25, 2009 11:30 AM

Answers

• One of the .cpp files in your project must be compiled with the /Yc option to create the .pch file.  Visual Studio project templates always use the stdafx.cpp file for that.  That .cpp file must #include the header file which in turn #includes all the .h files that are to be pre-compiled.  Project templates use the stdafx.h file for that. 

Finally, every .cpp file that is compiled with /Yu to use the precompiled headers must #include the .h file as the very first #include.  Get any of those details wrong and you'll be slapped with a compile error.  Looks to me like the source file you selected for /Yc does not in fact #include "OgreStableHeaders.h".

Hans Passant.
    Monday, May 25, 2009 3:43 PM

All replies

• One of the .cpp files in your project must be compiled with the /Yc option to create the .pch file.  Visual Studio project templates always use the stdafx.cpp file for that.  That .cpp file must #include the header file which in turn #includes all the .h files that are to be pre-compiled.  Project templates use the stdafx.h file for that. 

Finally, every .cpp file that is compiled with /Yu to use the precompiled headers must #include the .h file as the very first #include.  Get any of those details wrong and you'll be slapped with a compile error.  Looks to me like the source file you selected for /Yc does not in fact #include "OgreStableHeaders.h".

Hans Passant.
    Monday, May 25, 2009 3:43 PM

Hans Passant.
    Thank you so much ! I have resolve my issue

thanhly's
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 5:35 AM
  • You simplified my life.
    Friday, August 30, 2019 12:23 PM