Discussion board view show last reply comment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I have one really tricky problem, I need to create view of discussion with last reply comment.

I know that has two different content types, how can i create CQWP from two resources. What do you think ?

Which way is more efeective do through customization via Designer or directly opan Visual Studio and create Custom Field Type of Receiver functionality.

Thanks

best regards,

Martin Bodocky

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 1:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Martin,

using SharePoint Designer you can create a Data View Web Part and link single / 2 different data sources. 

and in that data view web part you can assign a filter to display a last reply.

or

Please go to the list > Turn to the view you want to sort it by last post > click Modify this View.
    Go to Sort part, Select Last Updated column in the First sort by the column and select Show items in descending order > Click OK

Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 6:01 PM
  • Hi Martin,

using SharePoint Designer you can create a Data View Web Part and link single / 2 different data sources. 

and in that data view web part you can assign a filter to display a last reply.

()

or

Please go to the list > Turn to the view you want to sort it by last post > click Modify this View.
    Go to Sort part, Select Last Updated column in the First sort by the column and select Show items in descending order > Click OK

Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Answer 1:

Can you give me some recource which shows me how to do that, please ?

Answer 2:

This solution just sorting view, but i need to show comment from last message in discussion.

Thank you

Friday, March 30, 2012 8:35 AM
  •  

Hi Martin,

About your first, I will give you a resource as the following link.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-designer-help/display-data-from-multiple-sources-in-a-single-data-view-HA010099144.aspx

About second, if you sort the view, you can also get the last reply. But if you want get all last reply and put them in a view, you’d better use visual studio to do it.

Thanks,

Jack

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 8:25 AM
  • Hi Jack,

Thank you for your reply.

I have still comment for the first question, i tried this approach, but you cannot aplly for Discussion Board because they can create data source base on list not on content type, Dicussion Board has two different content types: Discussion and Message.

I think i need to make this solution through custom code, but i'm unsure about way, solution must be supportable and workable for the common users, and ensure high reuseablity for another the same types as Blog (post,comment), Document Set (document set, document).

Guy do you know about complex solution so ?

Thank you

Martin Bodocky

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 12:33 PM