Speech SDK and XP issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi again.

First of all, I am not sure whether this area is the proper forum to ask a question about the speech SDK, but I didn't find any other more appropriate.

I can use both Speech to Text and Text to Speech when the Speech SDK is installed - however, when I try it when I have uninstalled the SDK , it fails, for example, ISpRecognizer, ISpRecoContext ISpVoice etc are not registered.

But, the Text to Speech in Control Panel -> Speech works!.

Do I need to redistrube something or use another SDK ? I want my app to have Text to Speech features, but the user shouldn't have to install the entire SDK.

Best Regards,

Michael.
    Friday, November 16, 2007 4:57 PM

Answers

• You might try microsoft.public.speech_tech.sdk, which is the newsgroup for SAPI (speech) questions.

(I don't know if there is an MSDN forum for SAPI, but you can always try the "Where Is the Forum For...." forum: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=881&SiteID=1)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike Wasson, SDK Documentation
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use.

(c) 2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Saturday, November 17, 2007 12:11 AM