none
Difficulties with the .NET Famework Setup and Deployment RRS feed

• Question

• The Background: Some 2 years ago (Sep-Nov 2008) I downloaded  some .NET packages and the "2008 .NET Framework SDK QuickStart Configuration Details"suite. At that time, I had already the SP1,SP2 and SP3 installed. And then an illnes forced me to suspend all my computer activities, untill now.  A couple of month ago, I started  my computer activities by trying to activate the "2008 .NET Framework SDK QuickStart Configuration Details" until I reached a point where, according to the Installment requirements, I was directed to install the IIS that Is required by the .NET Framework. At some stage during the installation of the IIS package, the procedure stopped, indicating an error  while tryinf to load some .dll programs from a SP. The Question: I saw that there exists a new "2010.NET Framework SDK QuickStart Configuration Details"suite. Should I abamdon to try to correct the error that the "2008" package is causing and download the more updated "2010" hoping that it will behave better, or remain with the tricky "2008" ? . In that case I will reconstruct exactly the error and report it to you. can you help please. hotlub1.

Monday, October 18, 2010 2:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi hotlub1,

Based on your description, your concern is more like ASP.NET. I would recommend that you could consult your concern in ASP.NET forum. You will get more helpful suggestions there.

ASP.NET: http://forums.asp.net

CHEERS,

Larcolais

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 5:10 AM
  • Thank you for caring to reply, but in order to implement the Asp.NET package, there is a prerequisite condition for the installation of the following packages

1) SP2 for Windows XP Prof or 64-Bit Edition, or one of the
     Windows Server 200-2003 family products.
     2) MDAC 2.7 for Data
     3) Internet Information Services IIS package

which are actually ASP.NET Platform of the .NET Framework requirements

See below Site
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/t6dbcb8d(VS.71).aspx 

In the meantime I have been encountering difficulties with the installation of the IIS, which I hope to resolve. In both cases I will give you a brief but exact description. A very much oblidged , hotlub1.

Sunday, October 24, 2010 11:36 PM
  • Hi hotlub1,

Glad to see your clarifier reply. Frankly speaking, if your concern is focus on IIS installation, I would encourage that you should consult your concern in http://forums.iis.net/1047.aspx . More experts about IIS could help you there.

Thanks.

Larcolais

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, October 25, 2010 2:51 AM
  • Mr Larcolais,

Thank you very much for your constructive advice, I will sure go into the http://Forums.iis.NET/1047.aspx and look there for a proper solution to make an error free installation  of the IIS  package, which i do need to enable an interactive connection between a user and the Asp.NET erected Web-Site. I suspect that after starting participating with the IIS Forum, I will be signed-out from my present forum, and I felt so comfortable to exchange notes with you. You see, during the last couple of dsays, I have learnt the subject of the IIS and have prepared some material on the problematics. So I would like that you continue to read my next few threads, can you?.

Thank's again, hotlub1

Thursday, October 28, 2010 12:38 PM
  • Hi hotlub1,

Thank you for posting. J

If you have any issues during .NET Framework or Visual Studio, I’m willing to help you a lot.

CHEERS,

Larcolais

Friday, October 29, 2010 2:29 AM