none
Drag and Drop files from Outlook or Explorier RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Access database that I want to be able to add scanned documents or files attachments from Outlook to the database for future reference.  Below is an image of what QuickBooks version of what I would like to create.  I found code to open explorer and select one or more files, however, I am not sure how to get the outlook attachment to be saved.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Brian

• Edited by BrianSir Wednesday, June 15, 2016 5:20 PM
    Wednesday, June 15, 2016 5:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Brian. See if this demo from UtterAccess can help. Good luck!
    Wednesday, June 15, 2016 5:34 PM
  • DBguy,

Thanks for the response, but I am looking to drag an attachment from occasional emails, this is more of an Auto Save of attachments. 

Thanks

Brian

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 6:53 PM
  • I see. Did you look around the Code Archive? You might find other demos you can use. Hope it helps...
    Wednesday, June 15, 2016 7:27 PM
  • DBguy,

I did look at several post and sample code all help with dealing with attaching/adding files from explorer, but I was unable to find any that dealt with dragging an attachment from email.  I know I can save the attachment the use explorer to add the file to the database, which I already have working code for, however, dragging the attachment reduces the chance for users attaching the wrong file.

Thanks

Brian

Thursday, June 16, 2016 4:46 PM
  • Hi Brian. So, even the "feedme" demo I linked above wasn't enough. I'm not sure then if there's anything specific enough for what you need. If I run into any, I'll let you know. Good luck!
    Thursday, June 16, 2016 4:54 PM
  • Hi BrianSir,

Do you want to drag and drop files from outlook to Access Form? With Access built-in function and control, you could not achieve this. I think you need to create your own acitveX control to handle drop events on Access Form to receive and deal with files.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, June 17, 2016 7:47 AM
  • Edward,

Thanks.  Can you point me to resources so I can research creating my own ActiveX control?

Brian

Friday, June 17, 2016 4:37 PM
  • Hi Brian,

The link below might be useful to you.

#How to develop and deploy ActiveX control in C#

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/asiatech/2011/12/05/how-to-develop-and-deploy-activex-control-in-c/

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by BrianSir Monday, June 20, 2016 3:58 PM
    Monday, June 20, 2016 8:37 AM