SharePoint Designer 2010, merged lists, filter on lookup column RRS feed

• Question

• I have a custom data source in SPD 2010 that merges 2 lists (a union).  The two lists are identical in design.  Only a handful of text columns and a few person columns and one lookup column. I then insert the dataview using my custom data source and manipulate the interface to my liking.  Cumbersome, but mostly doable.  Unfortunately the Format Item as --> Display Item, etc. is not present so I have to build that manually.  Still doable.  However, what I cannot get beyond is the filtering.  When I turn on filtering and then view it in the browser, the filter values are not the raw values shown in the list, but rather the javascript links or URLs to the items.   I've tried adjusting the XSLT to remove the custom binding on the filter so that it matches the other text column filters, but then no filter values are displayed.   Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 2:15 PM

Answers

• I didn't see such an option.  However, in the interest of time and deadlines that are looming, I created an un-elegant solution.  I created another column that is single line of text and wrote an event handler that updates the new column from the lookup column...and in doing so it strips out the unwanted stuff.  Then I use that new column in my linked list data source and DFWP. 
    • Marked as answer by Lily Wu Tuesday, September 6, 2011 6:52 AM
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 5:59 PM

All replies