none
Access - Pulling data from one record of a Master Table to Populate Other Tables RRS feed

• Question

• Currently, I have a table in Excel populated with data. I imported the Excel data into Access. In the Access Database (that was imported from Excel) there is a column that gives a variety of codes to define what “Class of Equipment” is in that Record. In the Access Database, there are different tables that I want populated based on the Access Database from Excel.

For example, this is one line from the Access that was imported from Excel:

Number      System      Equp Tag          Equip Typ

H102 HVAC VF-1 WALL EXHAUST FAN
    H102 HVAC VF-2 CENTRIFUGAL INLINE EXHAUST FAN

Because ID 3 is a “Class 1” piece of equipment, I want to take the “System” and the “Equipment Type” information for that record and put that into the already created table for Class 1 equipment.

Because ID 4 is a “Class 2” piece of equipment, I want to take the “System” and the “Equipment Type” information for that record and put that into the already created table for Class 2 equipment.

I want this to iterate for every ID that is present in the sheet. There can be hundreds records of the same class that need to get copied to the “Class X Equipment” sheet
    • Edited by rsupcode Wednesday, May 23, 2018 1:49 PM Added
    Wednesday, May 23, 2018 1:47 PM