none
Continuous Export - Not exporting all events RRS feed

• Question

• We've been using Continuous Export to send our custom events from Application Insights into a Blob Storage Account, and then grabbing the blobs and processing them in Power BI. This has worked without an issue until now, but this week we noticed some events were not getting exported into the blobs:

App Insights - 7 x Charting.Chart.Created events between 17:34 - 17:48

Blobs (Power BI just downloads the blobs and parses the JSON, always worked) - 4 x Charting.Chart.Created events in same time frame.

(I'll post screenshots when my account gets verified)

As you can see 3 events just went missing, never having been exported to the blob storage. Initially I thought it might just be slow (as it has happened at times in the past), but having now checked 16h after the events were received in App Insights it's pretty clear they're not going to be exported.

Did something change with Continuous Export? Is it now not guaranteed to send through all events? Or are there some issues with Continuous Export that are going to be fixed?

Loosing data is obviously bad in a live scenario, and makes testing and debugging nigh impossible when developing external models. It'd be great to know what is happening.

Thanks,
    Jose

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 10:43 AM

Answers

All replies