none
HTML Body for Embedded Message Attachment not seen on some machines with Outlook 2010 installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am facing a problem when I create a message which has embedded message attachments with HTML body. The HTML body of the embedded attachment is not seen. However, HTML body of the root message is seen properly.

I use JET APIs to read contents from the EDB and set the properties to the Message. Even attachments are set the same way. I get the HTML body for the embedded message attachment from EDB and set it to PR_HTML. If i just save the message attachment to disk, I see the body properly. But when this same message gets attached inside the other message, it disappears.

I have seen a lot of threads on the net which ask to check for PR_STORE_SUPPORT_MASK and see if STORE_HTML_OK is there or not. The flag is not set on my machine. However on a machine where we have Outlook 2007 and where PR_STORE_SUPPORT_MASK doesnt contain STORE_HTML_OK, i still can see the HTML body for embedded attachments.

I am facing this problem on a Windows 7 (64 Bit) - Outlook 2010 (32 Bit) 14.0.4760.1000 version.

There are also some places on the net which ask html to be converted to RTF and set to PR_RTF_COMPRESSED. However, before going through to that approach I would like to check with the experts here if I am missing anything in my approach.

In case my question needs more inputs, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Sagar

Monday, January 28, 2013 6:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Sagar,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I will involve some experts into your thread to see whether they can help you out. There might be some time delay, appreciate for your patience.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:40 AM
  • Hi Sagar,

Microsoft doesn't support reading or writing to the Exchange Database (EDB) files using the JET APIs.  For more information please see this article:

Microsoft support policy for third-party products that modify or extract Exchange database contents

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904845

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 12:51 PM
  • Hi Dave,

I would like to rephrase my question. The problem is not from JET side. I am able to get everything i want from that side and I dont need any support for that. The question is on MAPI side.

Let me ask it in a different way. If I had a html body and I wanted to create a message and send it to a particular address, I would still fail to see the html body. So the question is, Is HTML to RTF conversion and then setting the PR_RTF_COMPRESSED body the only solution I have? or with some settings can I still create a mail with HTML body and view it as well properly?

Rest of the details are already mentioned in the first question.

Thanks for all the help.

-Sagar

Monday, February 4, 2013 8:42 AM