Integrating an ASP .NET Site with SMF RRS feed

• Question

• User647219141 posted

I am looking into integrating SMF into a site I am building and had a question I am curious if anyone could answer. I want to add a login function on the main site that can carry over to the forums, I am wondering if there is anything special i will need to do to get the validation to work properly. Since I know that SMF uses a hash for passwords will I have to do anything funky to my code so that they password input form the user can validate properly against the password hash stored in the SMF database.
    Thanks ahead of time.
    Sincerely,
    Brono.

I am looking into integrating SMF into a site I am building and had a question I am curious if anyone could answer. I want to add a login function on the main site that can carry over to the forums, I am wondering if there is anything special i will need to do to get the validation to work properly. Since I know that SMF uses a hash for passwords will I have to do anything funky to my code so that they password input form the user can validate properly against the password hash stored in the SMF database.

Thanks ahead of time.

Sincerely,

Darkmere

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 7:10 AM

Answers

• User2130758966 posted

SMF is a forum written in php. If you want to integrate with an asp.net website then you need to look into create a SSO / single sign on system.

There are several articles out there which explain this.

I have worked with the SMF script before and integrated into other PHP software. There are bridge scripts out there which will do it. Perhaps they will give some insight into the requirements for logging in:

One other thought is that you might want to setup a web service so that you can send login information from asp.net to the php script.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 12:42 PM