How to publish .NET web application to azure VM. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

1-   I  made a SQL server VM and install IIS on it.i want to publish my .NET web application with VS.how can i get the credential for publish setting.currenlly i am coping and pasting the publish files and it took so much time.

2- My email are not sending after using my web application with azure VM.I am using gmail smtp setting. port 587.it is working with local IIS but not in Azure VM

Monday, May 29, 2017 6:50 AM

Answers

• One of the key issues here relates to the ephemeral (dynamic and might change anytime) nature of Azure public IP addresses and potential for abuse and the effects that might have on other customers if they inherit your public IP addresses in the future. Because of this, we do *not* allow you to send email to external domains from Azure (this includes email servers and applications that send email as part of the service they provide).

To solve this problem, you’ll need to use an SMTP relay that is *not* hosted in Azure. That SMTP relay can be on-premises or you can use an SMTP hoster. Whatever works best for you. More details in Sending Email From Azure Virtual Machines to External Domains.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Proposed as answer by Loydon Mendonca Wednesday, May 31, 2017 11:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by ASIM T KHAN Tuesday, September 12, 2017 10:48 AM
    Wednesday, May 31, 2017 11:39 AM

All replies

• Hi ASIM ,

1. I believe you need to Create WebAPP to get publishing credentials

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service-web/app-service-web-get-started-dotnet

2. For emails Please check you have Created Endpoint in Azure for 587 port

Thanks , Prakash ,Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Monday, May 29, 2017 7:01 AM
  • Emails are still not sending.kindly give me a solution.
    Tuesday, May 30, 2017 6:51 AM
  • One of the key issues here relates to the ephemeral (dynamic and might change anytime) nature of Azure public IP addresses and potential for abuse and the effects that might have on other customers if they inherit your public IP addresses in the future. Because of this, we do *not* allow you to send email to external domains from Azure (this includes email servers and applications that send email as part of the service they provide).

To solve this problem, you’ll need to use an SMTP relay that is *not* hosted in Azure. That SMTP relay can be on-premises or you can use an SMTP hoster. Whatever works best for you. More details in Sending Email From Azure Virtual Machines to External Domains.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Proposed as answer by Loydon Mendonca Wednesday, May 31, 2017 11:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by ASIM T KHAN Tuesday, September 12, 2017 10:48 AM
    Wednesday, May 31, 2017 11:39 AM