none
How to obtain a presence status from xbox 360 kinect model 1414 RRS feed

• Question

• Morning Everyone,

I have been looking a bit around the forum, but couldn't really find an answer to my question.

I am currently using an XBOX 360 Kinect Model 1414 using the SDK v1.0 Beta2.  I'm modifying an existing software (transcript software) written on C# (which is already working fine).  I'm programming on Visual Studio Express 2017 for Windows Desktop.

The piece of software basically outputs 3 types of data to be used by another software to trigger playlists/cues.  I need those data as numerical values.  Currently the piece of software gives me values for:

(right arm movement): a combination of right(hand & shoulder) position | values ranging from 0 to 1,

(left arm movement): a combination of left(hand & shoulder) position | values ranging from 0 to 1,

(depth): the distance between the kinect and the person [Z position] | values ranging from 0 to 6+

(lateral position): lateral body positioning [X position] | values ranging from -8 to +8 approx.

I'm not expert in programming, but some 6 years back I used to do some visual basic programming.  I figured out by myself how to get the (lateral position) but now I'd like some help.

I need numerical values as I import those data into my video player as generic inputs which in turns triggers the playlists/cues and the generic input type in the video player is only numerical values.

The system works as such:

kinect connected on windows  --> 'transcript software' (converts kinect data into values to be fed to my video player) --> video player.

To have it running, I need to run the 'transcript software' in background for the kinect to communicate to my video player through tcp/ip.

All this works fine.

But now, I would like to get a presence status from the kinect as 0 or 1 (or other numerical value) so that I can use the value to kill my playlist/cues if no one is present in the kinect field.

Example:

if someone is detected in the kinect field; output presence=1;

if no one is present in the kinect field; output presence=0.

Then I can set a condition in my video player to kill all playlists/cues if presence=0.

Can someone help/guide me how to achieve this?  I don't know from which Classes/Structures/Enumerations to obtain this info.

Best regards,

Shane

shane.i.uae@gmail.com

• Edited by Shane.I Monday, December 17, 2018 7:15 AM
    Monday, December 17, 2018 7:14 AM