none
performance rating system in WES7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys,

i have builded my first wes7 image and installed it on the pc.

but now the customer wants the performance rating system of windows 7 enabled. When i try to run this feature of windows 7, it says that the system is in batterie modus.

Can you explain me, how i can enable this rating system?

Thank for your help

Best Regards
    Sebastian Wollinger

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:47 AM

All replies

• Do you add any template into your image? I add "Application Compatibility template" into image and after system boot, the system rating can run successfully. 

I hope this method can help you.

Friday, February 1, 2013 3:17 AM
  • I do this in audit mode ^^;

"winsat prepop"

You need to add:

Feature Pack > Diagnostics > Performance Monitoring

To get this feature.

=^x^=

Monday, February 4, 2013 1:53 AM
  • Hi Guys,

The "winsat prepop" works, but in the rating-system page in system-settings he shows me an result and he can not start the rating system because the system is in an batterie modus

i have the component in the configuration but it doesnt work.

So i will tell you what i exactly do in this proceedure.

1. Create the image of the answerfile and install it on the pc
    2. After the installation I install the driver of the hardware

After this is finish i try to start the rating system but it dont work.

Have i missed something or what is wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards
    Sebastian Wollinger

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 3:20 PM
  • Eventually We gave up and use Novabench to benchmark.  There are others but they have a good database for reference.

The Industrial Automation template with a few nice features added performs much better than the bloated Compatibility template.

45 sec boot from power on, 10 sec shutdown, (35 sec boot with EWF and HORM but Id prefer not to use this)

Another Thread:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/quebeccomponentsforum/thread/59f0d2b8-c660-478f-b963-55772341bc26

Our System:

Transcend CF160 CF Card  32GB

Intel Atom N270 1.6 GHz single core

about a 60 sec boot from power on (long shutdown)  (152 score on Novabench) 

50 sec with Industrial Automation template install (now to find out why)

If I install updates, net version, or drivers, it seems to takes forever the first time as expected.

Thanks, Richard

Thursday, February 14, 2013 1:27 AM
  • winsat prepop  is a prepopulate thing, when you reseal the image, the resulting thing should display the values.

Why does your machine think you are in battery mode. That is probably why it doesn't work.

Interestingly, this image I just made, it doesn't have that. I think I missed the winsat command. I shall have to check.

=^x^=

Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:06 AM