none
Connected WebParts with Lookup Column and Item Display Form produce wrong URL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi SharePoint Folks,

Maybe you can help me with a Problem that keeps me banging my head against the wall.
    I'm encountering a strange behaviour when configuring a site for a customer:

There are a list and a document library on the Website:

- Targets

- Target Documents

The Document Library contains a lookup column where a target can be selected (Title in the Targets list) for each document.
    The document library view is grouped by the lookup column.

The Targets list has a custom Display form where the Target Documents List View WebPart is added and a filter is applied:

Source field is Title and Target Field is the lookup Column.

So far so good, this configuration is working as expected.

Now Comes the odd part:

When I click on the Group in the Documents library view, this Display form for the Targets List Item is opened (which works as expected), the form opens, I can see the Information for the List Item but instead of the filtered Documents I see the error

"Unable to display this Web Part. To troubleshoot the problem, open  this Web page in a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible HTML  editor such as Microsoft SharePoint Designer. If the problem persists,  contact your Web server administrator."

After some Investigation I found out that the URL that is constructed when I click on the Group Item contains "&RootFolder=*" at the end. If I remove this, the form is opening normally.

Has any one of you also encountered this error ? This should not be a normal behaviour from my Point of view.
    We have SharePoint 2013 Enterprise with latest Patch Level here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in regards,

Chris

Monday, July 13, 2015 1:15 PM

All replies