none
imapct of Modifying UserProperties of master appointment on the its occurences RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i have a question, infact its two questtions actually

q1  If i save a userproperty of Master apppointment of a recurring appointment, what will be its impact on the occurences. will they also get          updated along with

q2  Can i get the refrence of master appointment item from a specific occurence?

Thanks

Monday, February 6, 2012 10:57 PM

Answers

• no idea, but this is how it works in outlook:

there are no 'real' occurence items that are not exceptions, what outlook shows you in calendar view or what returns from Items collection when you set IncludeReecurrences, are not real items, there is only master item for whole series and item for each exception created. When manipulating/chaning recurrence pattern of whole series, exceptions are deleted.

So maybe there is a bug in outlook or (more probably) in your code that manipulates master item (and its RecurrencePattern props and methods) that causes exceptions to be created and deleted which causes user properties to be in 'partial' state. You have to debug this on your own.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 10:23 AM

All replies

• 1. it depends - all previously created exceptions will not get new user properties added to master item

2. yes, parent property

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 9:19 AM
  • Hi Damin,

Thanks for reply!

For first question

That means, all occurences other than exception will also have same value for UserProperties as MasterAppointment have.

When i try to edit series for example either by changing time or by adding some more occurences, then my addin updates these occurences on basis of some data coming from some srever side , so some of them will become an exception and some of them will still be a normal occurence.

During this action , it also updates userproperty of the master appointment item. now the problem is , Sometimes  i found userproperty of master appointment is updated., But for a specific occurence which is not an exception is coming out to be empty.

Even i have no idea to have some specific set of test steps to replicate this.

Do you have any clue that i can debug to check this why it will be happening or any specific reason you think it will be happening?

Thanks

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 10:07 AM
  • no idea, but this is how it works in outlook:

there are no 'real' occurence items that are not exceptions, what outlook shows you in calendar view or what returns from Items collection when you set IncludeReecurrences, are not real items, there is only master item for whole series and item for each exception created. When manipulating/chaning recurrence pattern of whole series, exceptions are deleted.

So maybe there is a bug in outlook or (more probably) in your code that manipulates master item (and its RecurrencePattern props and methods) that causes exceptions to be created and deleted which causes user properties to be in 'partial' state. You have to debug this on your own.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 10:23 AM