none
Can I make a input method by C#? RRS feed

• Question

• My mother language is not English. Recently I am interest in making a input method with my mother language.

However, it seems almost all the input methods available are made by C++.

I found nothing and was amazing about this.

Would you please tell me if C# can make a input method? If can, is there any document about this? Thank you.

Sunday, May 26, 2019 2:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• The C# language all by itself does not contain any input or output methods.

If you need to provide input to your program you need to reference a library from your program and have the library provide the input.

The simplest case would be a Console application, where you use Console.ReadLine (and several other Console.something methods) to provide the input. Note how "Console" is a class provided by a library, and is not part of the C# language.

This was for a Console application, but if you are developing a different type of application then your project will have already referenced the libraries that are appropriate to the type of application. So the libraries would be different for Windows Forms, or for WPF, or for a Web application, etc.

Therefore, it is necessary to know what type of application you are developing to deduct which libraries it references and therefore how you would provide input to such a program.

Sunday, May 26, 2019 8:36 PM
  • An Input Method Editor is a very large undertaking.  Can you not use one of the existing IMEs?

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Monday, May 27, 2019 5:46 AM
  • An Input Method Editor is a very large undertaking.  Can you not use one of the existing IMEs?

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Yes, there are so many IMEs of my language. However, all of them has immoral behaviour, such as forcing the start-up page of browser to some URL they want/ forcing display advertisement when you playing a game.

I hate them and the offical one which Microsoft made was not prefect. So I wanna create a pure clean one.

Monday, May 27, 2019 5:57 AM
  • The C# language all by itself does not contain any input or output methods.

If you need to provide input to your program you need to reference a library from your program and have the library provide the input.

The simplest case would be a Console application, where you use Console.ReadLine (and several other Console.something methods) to provide the input. Note how "Console" is a class provided by a library, and is not part of the C# language.

This was for a Console application, but if you are developing a different type of application then your project will have already referenced the libraries that are appropriate to the type of application. So the libraries would be different for Windows Forms, or for WPF, or for a Web application, etc.

Therefore, it is necessary to know what type of application you are developing to deduct which libraries it references and therefore how you would provide input to such a program.

I have not thought more about this. I just want to make a input method for chatting\typing words in excel and so on.

What's more, which program language does the input method usually to made?

Monday, May 27, 2019 6:03 AM
  • Hi mywatermelon,

Thank you for posting here.

Based on your description, you want to make a input method by c#.

The following link may be helpful for you. Please ignore the first reply and read the second reply.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19922502/is-it-possible-to-create-my-own-input-method-for-windows

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by mywatermelon Tuesday, May 28, 2019 1:55 AM
    Monday, May 27, 2019 9:07 AM
  • Hi mywatermelon,

Thank you for posting here.

Based on your description, you want to make a input method by c#.

The following link may be helpful for you. Please ignore the first reply and read the second reply.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19922502/is-it-possible-to-create-my-own-input-method-for-windows

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Well! That maybe is what I need! Thank you so much!
    Tuesday, May 28, 2019 1:55 AM