Submitting beta version of an UWP app to the Store. RRS feed

• Question

• I going to submit a beta version of my UWP app to the Store. In my Submission1->Distribution and visibility I chosen "Hide this app and prevent acquisition. Customers with a direct link can see the app's listing, but can only download the app if they have a promotional code and are using a Windows 10 device".

Question 1: If this app version passes beta testing, is it possible to make this app version public without resubmitting it?

Question 2: If I need to publish a next version of the app with some small fixes, is it possible to create Submission 2 that inherits all the Submission 1 properties, but not packages? I am asking this question because it looks terrible for me to fill all the submission information again in the Store web interface.

Thursday, July 28, 2016 9:54 PM

Answers

• Hi ShamanSoft,

>Q1:If this app version passes beta testing, is it possible to make this app version public without resubmitting it?

You can click Make app available from the App overview page when your app is decided to be offered publicly.But in my opinion,it is not possible to move an app from Beta to Public. You have to resubmit the application as a public app.It will take several days to recur your situation so I cannot give a definite answer for the time being.

>Q2:If I need to publish a next version of the app with some small fixes, is it possible to create Submission 2 that inherits all the Submission 1 properties, but not packages?

As far as I'm concerned,we don't have to refill all the information again,while you can still change some items if you want.

Hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by ShamanSoft Tuesday, August 2, 2016 7:43 AM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2016 1:41 AM
  • Hi,

About your Question1,the Microsoft documentation has mentioned this: 

So,you might have to resubmit a new submission.

The article Beta testing and targeted distribution link:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/publish/beta-testing-and-targeted-distribution

• Edited by DeFtHere Tuesday, August 2, 2016 8:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by ShamanSoft Thursday, August 4, 2016 1:47 PM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2016 8:42 AM

All replies

• Hi ShamanSoft,

>Q1:If this app version passes beta testing, is it possible to make this app version public without resubmitting it?

You can click Make app available from the App overview page when your app is decided to be offered publicly.But in my opinion,it is not possible to move an app from Beta to Public. You have to resubmit the application as a public app.It will take several days to recur your situation so I cannot give a definite answer for the time being.

>Q2:If I need to publish a next version of the app with some small fixes, is it possible to create Submission 2 that inherits all the Submission 1 properties, but not packages?

As far as I'm concerned,we don't have to refill all the information again,while you can still change some items if you want.

Hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by ShamanSoft Tuesday, August 2, 2016 7:43 AM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2016 1:41 AM
  • Hi,

About your Question1,the Microsoft documentation has mentioned this: 

So,you might have to resubmit a new submission.

The article Beta testing and targeted distribution link:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/publish/beta-testing-and-targeted-distribution

• Edited by DeFtHere Tuesday, August 2, 2016 8:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by ShamanSoft Thursday, August 4, 2016 1:47 PM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2016 8:42 AM