none
How to print multiple copies of a report in report viewer control. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I am using report viewer control in win forms. how can i set the value of no. of copies of a report to print to more than 1?
    Wednesday, May 2, 2007 7:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Neetika

Have you found any solutions to this problem?  I am struggling with the same issue.  Simply defaulting the value that appears in the print dialogue to a provided value would be fine for me.  Since I always need 2 copies I have considered just doubling up the elements on my report - not an elegant solution!

I would also like to be able to set the printer name in the same way.

Thursday, June 7, 2007 7:01 PM
  • i found one option that is...

u can set the copies quantity to desired no. that u want to set (say 2 no.) in the crystal report's

File >> Printer Setup >> Properties >> Basic Tab.

over here u can set the quantity.

in the coding set the action properties to 0 ---> "FormName.CrystalReport1.Action = 0"

this will not show u the report on screen... but directly u'll get the print out (say 2 copies)

hence u can also avoid from the changing the quantity.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 11:24 AM
  • Hi  Supriya

I did not specify in my post that it was SQL Server Reporting Services that I was using, not Crystal - sorry!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 12:17 PM
  • Just use some ajjawin and make the pronties with ghee. This will get you the desired result ...
    Tuesday, July 10, 2007 11:00 PM
  • Have you tried hooking into the OnPrint event?  Basically I'm thinking that you could send to a different printer and also send as many copies of the page you want.  However, it would be important to make sure that the aspect ratio, printable area, etc, for which the control was rendering are appropriate to your new target.

Possibly a better approach would be to turn ShowPrintButton off and use a custom print button instead.  See the example in http://gotreportviewer.com for "printing from a console app" or something like that for how you would send the pages to the printer yourself.

>L<

Thursday, July 12, 2007 2:24 PM