Cross domain authentication LDAP does not work RRS feed

• Question

• User1564906420 posted

Hi,

I created one web application with authentication using the LDAP. We have different domains in forest. My web application is hosted in domain 'A'. When user of Domain 'A' access the application and provides the credential then it authenticates succesfully. when user of Domain 'B' access the application and provides its credential then it does not validate the credential of Domain 'B' user. I have been stuck in this problem. Can any one can help me to resolve this issue why domain B user does not authentiacte. 

I have written the correct code while authenticate the user as LDAP. I gets LDAP connectionstring from the forest domain according to the domain provided.

Like userName = A\sachin LDAP conectionString = LDAP://a.company.com 
    or  = B\sachin  LDAP conectionString = LDAP://b.company.com 

Can anyone help me to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance.
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 8:54 AM

All replies

• User1837974337 posted

ok, when user doesn't get authenticated to LDAP://DomainA , use a conditional statement and change the UserDomain to LDAP://DomainB and check it there he will authenticated, you can use nested if there.

Thursday, March 19, 2009 9:08 AM
  • User1801871119 posted

You need to pass login credentials in order to access different domain's and you must be user of all the other domains you want to access. Unless both the domains using same root domain.

if not sounds like its network issue.

Thursday, March 19, 2009 9:12 AM
  • User-298277035 posted

Here is my suggestion.

In login control authenticate Event .

First check the user with Domain is 

If user is  authenticate --> login.redirecturl to your page

Else if

Check Domain  B

If user is  authenticate --> login.redirecturl to your page

else

Through error.

Make  sure  you have right admin credentials on both domains.

Thursday, March 19, 2009 9:24 AM