Re-point Reports to New Shared Data Source RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a bunch of reports that are currently set up with a shared data source. However, now I need to update the data source of these reports (i.e. change the name of the existing data sources and point them to the new data source). I have been looking through the ReportingService2010 class documentation and tested out several different class methods but could not find a suitable solution.

I am also aware that I can traverse the xml nodes of the reports and change the value of the DataSource node to the new data source but would this not only change the data source name without actually re-pointing it to the new shared data source?

If someone with similar experiences can share their solutions here, it'll be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 8:30 AM

All replies

• Okay, upon further testing I found out that I could re-point the reports to the new shared data object by providing the full path of the object as value to the DataSourceReference tag in the rdl.
    • Proposed as answer by Henry Jiang Thursday, October 12, 2017 8:22 AM
    Wednesday, October 11, 2017 9:12 AM
  • Hi kerwei,

Thank you for sharing your solution. Yes, we can re-point reports to the new data source if we give its full path in the DataSourceReference tag. 

You could mark your reply as answer so that other members in this forum will benefit from it if they meet similar issues in the future. 

Best Regards,

Henry 

Thursday, October 12, 2017 8:22 AM