"Could not execute query; could not find linked table" - table deleted and all links to it appear to be removed!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I createde an Access db and linked it to SQL tables on the back-end using a Machine DSN.  I had created a table called tblSales_Orders_Invoices and it was linked to tblSales_Orders_Deliveries.  I then decided to merge the two based on how users wanted to work with the data.  So I deleted tblSales_Orders_Invoices.  However, I know cannot delete any records in the related table tblSales_Orders_Deliveries.  I have checked via Table Designer / Relationships and tblSales_Orders_Deliveries has no links to the deleted tblSales_Orders_Invoices table.

The same error occurs when I try to delete via SSMS.

Where else could it be looking?  Please help, I have to demo this Access DB to a department head on Monday and I need it to be tip top.

The exact error is:
    Could not execute query; could not find linked table
    [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'tblSales_Orders_Invoices'. (#208)

Thanks,

Charles

Saturday, June 23, 2012 11:09 AM

Answers

• Is it normal for SQL to leave triggers behind after deleting a relationship?

Anyway, that is what the problem was - a trigger was firing on deletion of tblSales_Orders_Deliveries records to delete tblSales_Orders_Invoices.  For now I have simply disabled the trigger.

Saturday, June 23, 2012 4:54 PM