Mobile web Application with asp.net or on PHP RRS feed

• Question

• User-1403004958 posted

hi

I am new user of asp.net moblie application. I have some queries on this.

1. Is there any competibility (of mobiles or smart devices) isses with asp.net mobile applcation.

2. Is asp.net mobile application fullfill all w3 standards (Output in xhtml)?

3. how asp.net mobile application is better then PHP web mobile application?

thanks

Thursday, April 26, 2007 3:57 PM

Answers

• User-525215917 posted

1. Is there any competibility (of mobiles or smart devices) isses with asp.net mobile applcation.

You may find issues but these are not hard to fix. I have built some WAP sites and ASP.NET was the best choice.

You can use different output formats. And if you want you can create your own output adapters.

You mainly win on development time. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, April 27, 2007 10:15 AM

All replies

• User-525215917 posted

You may find issues but these are not hard to fix. I have built some WAP sites and ASP.NET was the best choice.

You can use different output formats. And if you want you can create your own output adapters.

You mainly win on development time. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, April 27, 2007 10:15 AM
  • User-1403004958 posted

Thanks ..!!

I have one more Query..

What are the advantages of PHP over ASP.Net in Mobile Web Applications?

Saturday, April 28, 2007 12:02 AM
  • User-525215917 posted

Well, I like object-oriented programming and feel like home when coding on ASP.NET. With some limits OOP is also possible on PHP but there is no such a strong web framework like ASP.NET. On PHP you should find a framework you want to use and before using it you should make sure it fits your needs on mobile applications.

ASP.NET mobile support is very good because I can write my own extensions to almost every step on page generating process. So, I'm using a feature rich frameworks and extend it if I need.

Also I don't have to worry about outputing a mark-up - it's done for me. If I need I can control it if something is wrong or I need something different. But basically I work with my site and doesn't mess with mortal problems like mark-up, request processing etc. 

Saturday, April 28, 2007 8:09 AM