Confirmation box with three buttons RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Please help me with the following functionality. I am new to winforms.

I have a drop down in FormA.

On selection change of the drop down value, i should show a confirmation box with three buttons whose functionality is as explained below.

Button1 - Change the dropdown selection and do some functionality in FormB.

Button2 - Change the dropdown selection and do some other functionity in FormC.

Button3 - Do not change the dropdown selection.

How can i achieve this. Is there any built in confirmation box or do i need to create any user control or do i need to create a form for this? Please enlighten me.

I can use DevXpress controls too...

Thanks.. Waiting for your suggestions...

• Edited by reddy.net Wednesday, March 6, 2013 6:22 PM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 6:20 PM

Answers

• hi reddy

no you cannot alter any part of the .NET messagebox, other than the text and the title.

If you want a customized messagebox, you can create your own using a basic Windows Form.

“This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.”

• Proposed as answer by Chester Hong Friday, March 8, 2013 6:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Chester Hong Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:05 AM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 7:25 PM

All replies

• first of all you need to create  three form's A, B, C. and then a dropdown in the form A.

the main thing is the logic you want from user's, so i give you an idea, that how you can do it.

on form A when you click the drop down menu item and change it, you show a message box with three button's and there is a builtin librarie's in messagebox, if you are familiar with it, and perform the action you want.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 6:56 PM
  • first of all you need to create  three form's A, B, C. and then a dropdown in the form A.

the main thing is the logic you want from user's, so i give you an idea, that how you can do it.

on form A when you click the drop down menu item and change it, you show a message box with three button's and there is a builtin librarie's in messagebox, if you are familiar with it, and perform the action you want.

Hi 

"you show a message box with three button's and there is a builtin librarie's in messagebox, if you are familiar with it, and perform the action you want."

Can you please elaborate the words mentioned in bold.

How can i show a message box with three buttons? Can you please explain this..

• Edited by reddy.net Wednesday, March 6, 2013 6:59 PM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 6:58 PM
  • Hi 

i see, for three buttons i have the following option

MessageBoxButtons buttons = MessageBoxButtons.YesNoCancel;

Is there any way, i can rename the buttons (Yes - some other text, No to some other text)

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 7:07 PM
  • hi reddy

no you cannot alter any part of the .NET messagebox, other than the text and the title.

If you want a customized messagebox, you can create your own using a basic Windows Form.

“This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.”

• Proposed as answer by Chester Hong Friday, March 8, 2013 6:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Chester Hong Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:05 AM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 7:25 PM
  • hi reddy

Thanks...
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 7:38 PM