how to run ewfmgr through iis7 and .net4 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a asp web app that creates a batch file and then execute it.It runs on IIS7 and .net4. on an embedded win7. The batch file is basically:

netsh interface ip set ........

c:\windows\system32\ewfmgr.exe c: -commit

c:\windows\system32\shutdown.exe -r -t 0

the batch file executes and the ip address changes but will not commit the changes before restart

I know ewfmgr needs admin privileges. is it possible to run asp.net as admin or reduce privilege requirement for ewfmgr so it can ren from asp.net.

Sunday, July 13, 2014 3:09 PM

All replies

• With -commit, the overlay is written to the protected volume on the next system boot.  If you want to do an immediate write to the protected volume, do ewfmgr c: -commitanddisable -live.

More info: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms940853(v=winembedded.5).aspx

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

Monday, July 14, 2014 2:34 PM
  • thanks for the reply.

however the problem is that it cannot execute the ewfmgr.exe at all through the web regardless of the option.

Sunday, July 20, 2014 11:34 PM
  • EWFMGR.EXE has to run in an administrator account with elevated privileges. Not sure how to do this with a remote application. Try Run AS is my first guess.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Monday, July 21, 2014 5:59 AM