multilingual web application RRS feed

• Question

• User-690437809 posted
    Does any one has any experience of building multilingual web application using ASP.net? Is MCMS the only option to build a retail online shop? I am thinking since it is not a conent driven web application, there must better way of doing it without content management server! Any links?
    Thanks
    Thursday, July 14, 2005 10:59 PM

All replies

• User-1280723201 posted

hi,

using resource file, which is the best concept of localization in the web, you can solve your problem.

rgds

ramu

Friday, July 15, 2005 2:41 AM
  • User-690437809 posted

Ramu,

Any performance issue with using resource files? Also, I am sure we can include text and labels in the resource file. Can we include images too? This way we can show different images on pages depending on the culture/language.

Thanks

Friday, July 15, 2005 1:20 PM
  • User-1280723201 posted
    hi,

i used around 5 different languages in my applciation, and there is no performace problem i faced.

You cant store images in the resource file as it stores in xml format.  my suggestion would be store the filename along with filepath in teh resource file, which will differ according to languages.

Based on the selected resource file, the respective image filename and filepath can be restored.

hope it gives you an idea.

rgds
    ramu
    Saturday, July 16, 2005 1:43 AM