none
Mail app, appointment timezone RRS feed

• Question

• I'm developing an app that requires the appointment start and end dates to display availability within the app window. I'm using Office.context.mailbox.item.start and Office.context.mailbox.item.end and processing the results using Office.context.mailbox.convertToLocalClientTime which, in the Outlook Rich Client, returns the start and end times in the local time format. That's working great.

However, if I open the appointment window in Outlook Rich Client there is an option to set the time zone for the appointment only. Changing this to a time zone other than the local time zone ruins everything!

Now, when calling Office.context.mailbox.item.start.getAsync I get the correct time but the incorrect timezoneoffset and as you would expect the UTC time is also incorrect. Office.context.mailbox.item.start.getAsync still thinks the local time zone applies.

Has anyone else come across this and found a work around?

Thanks in advance,

SW2

Monday, April 20, 2015 11:40 AM

All replies

• Hi SW2,

>> Now, when calling Office.context.mailbox.item.start.getAsync I get the correct time but the incorrect timezoneoffset and as you would expect the UTC time is also incorrect.

I don’t quite understand your question. Can you provide a specific sample including the information as following to help us understand this issue better?

# client machine time zone setting

# appointment time zone setting, start time and end time

# the actual time zone offset in Office JavaScript API

# the expected time zone offset in Office JavaScript API

Thanks,

Jeffrey

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 23, 2015 8:18 AM