none
dotnet soap wsdl not working RRS feed

• Question

• i have a vb.net windows application. in iis, I created a website in default app pool and i was working fine

once i change my server, i get the exception " client found response content type of "text/html" but expected "text/xml"

if i browse through the iis, i get the error message in IE nas " unknown type= unspecified". i have used soap and duly handled mssoapapi as i did with the previously great working server

kindly help me !

thanx in advance

thanks again, karthik

Monday, June 16, 2014 5:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

>> client found response content type of "text/html" but expected "text/xml"

It is usually caused by the server-side web service has encountered some error and throw out exceptions(not in webservice code, maybe at initialize time). For such scenario, I suggest you perform the following tests:

1. Use IE browser to visit the service endpoint directly to see whether you can view the default webservice description page and the test page correct. If there is any error at compilation or initializtion time, it will report error in browser.

2. When use web service proxy to call the web service, we can use fiddler to capture the SOAP message (request and response) transfered between the client and server, you may get some useful information in it.

Besides, if you have sufficient permission to access the deployment server, then you can check the event log on the server machine to see whether there is any useful error entry specific to the webservice application.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 9:09 AM