How to configure shared storage for the Oracle E-Business Suite in Azure RRS feed

• Question

• We are in the process of doing a POC on how to migrate an Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) environment from on-premises to the Azure Cloud using the lift-and-shift methodology. On-premises, all of our EBS installations use multi-tier, Share Application Filesystem architecture where the file system hosting the application stack is shared between multiple nodes. On-premises, we are using EMC's NAS to share EBS file systems between nodes. For example, we use the following mount options for Oracle EBS when using NFS:

nfs rw,bg,hard,nointr,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,tcp,vers=3,timeo=600,nolock

I am looking for similar recommendations/suggestions on storage configuration in the Azure Cloud.

Thanks

Thursday, February 14, 2019 7:36 PM

All replies

• May I know which version are you tying to "configure shared storage for the Oracle EBS"? 
    Sunday, February 17, 2019 7:03 AM
  • We are using Oracle E-Business Suite version 12.1.3.
    Sunday, February 17, 2019 4:45 PM
  • Apologies for the delay!

I would suggest looking at Azure NetApp Files as an option for nfs in Azure.

Migration would likely have to be via file copy. Avere may be an option as well if they need high performance.

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.

Thursday, February 21, 2019 4:50 AM
  • @axh-azure Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Tuesday, March 12, 2019 10:34 AM