none
Entity Data Model is missing RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Visual Studio Professional 2013 and have a Windows Forms project.

When I click on the "add new data source" link in the "data sources" window and select "database" as the data source type, "dataset" is the only type of database model that I can then select. 

Why is "Entity data model" missing?

Thanks.

Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:46 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Please check whether your VS has install the SQL Server Data Tools: Open your VS -> Click Help ->

Click About Vision Studio 2013, then it will show a window like below:

If it does not there, please have a try to reinstall it and please choice the SQL Server Data Tools. It is not selected by default:

If this does not work for you, please let me know.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, February 14, 2014 6:49 AM
  • Thank you for your reply.

SQL Server Data Tools is installed.

Friday, February 14, 2014 6:54 AM
  • Hello,

Check the link below to see whether it is helpful:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/59fa87b1-4395-4c4c-855d-aec94756a055/visual-studio-2013-ultimate-missing-adonet-entity-data-model-designer?forum=vssetup

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, February 14, 2014 9:00 AM