none
RNDIS support in USB Host in WinCE 6.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I need to resolve probably simple task. I have WinCE 6.0 board where I selected RNDIS USB Host component in the Catalog to include USB Host RNDIS support. The OS image is built OK, I see usb8023 and rndismp dlls in the image, registry seems to be OK.

Now, when I'm trying to connect eg Android phone to the board (when the phone is set to 'tethered' mode), I see on the debug output that the board recognises it as DevClass = 2 (ie Ethernet adapter among the others). USB8023 driver seems to be accepting this device OK, but it doesn't create any new network adapter, so I don't see anything in ipconfig.

Should I do something else? How can I allocate static IP to the board and to the connected client? Well, to the board I can add something like

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\USB80231\Parms\TcpIp]

"EnableDHCP"=dword:0

"IpAddress"=multi_sz:"169.254.2.1"

"Subnetmask"=multi_sz:"255.255.255.0"

"UseZeroBroadcast"=dword:0

but how to allocate IPs to the clients?
    Any ideas/advise are very welcome.
    Alex

Friday, March 25, 2011 12:54 PM

All replies

• Did you check that your drivers are loaded successfully? Create a debug build and enable debug messages using CE debug zone in platform builder and check you have any error messages.

Vinoth.R http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com http://www.e-consystems.com
    Friday, March 25, 2011 1:44 PM
  • yes, the drivers are loading - I see it in the output in Putty. It states that USB8023 has accepted control over the device.

So for now I gave up on WM phones who report device class = 0xef (ActiveSync), but at least RNDIS is really really desirable, and from massive reading I reckon it should work out of the box.

Friday, March 25, 2011 4:25 PM
  • anyone?
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:15 AM
  • Perhaps make a clean sysgen Debug build, enable all the related Debug zones in USB as well as in rndis, then connect your device and see what happens in kernel debugger output. It may contain a clue.

Regards

SR

Thursday, March 31, 2011 8:17 PM
  • could anyone tell me where I can find the source for USB8023 in the source tree? I reckon this is the driver's dll for RNDIS USB Host.

"C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\DRIVERS\USBFN\CLASS\RNDIS" is for client side, not the usb host - or am I wrong here?

Recently USB8023 is selected for the device classes which correspond to RNDIS, but no controller is created, nothing happens :(

So ideally I'd prefer to debug it to see what goes on.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:17 PM
  • Alexey_Gusev

Hi,Alexey Gusev,

Have U resolved this issue? I am doing the same thing. Could U give me some advises?

Saturday, August 4, 2012 8:17 AM