how to capture current application page screenshot programmatically

General discussion

• Hi,

How to capture screenshots programmatically in html5/javascript app.using html webview i can capture webpages but i wanna take screenshot to save images on workingset in my application.this is for save and save as options.

is there any possibility to use RenderTargetBitmap class in Windows runtime component using c# or will it support only xaml elements.

any help would be appreciated

Friday, December 27, 2013 10:31 AM

All replies

• RenderTargetBitmp is Xml only. It cannot be used in an HTML app and there is no analogous HTML/JavaScript class to directly render controls.

That said, you can save a canvas to bitmap and you may be able to render your HTML elements to a canvas. I haven't tried any of these libraries and don't know how complete or up-to-date they are.

Friday, December 27, 2013 4:01 PM
  • hi rob caplan,

can i use this example to make screenshots. http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Simple-Imaging-Sample-a2dec2b0/view/Discussions#content

Saturday, December 28, 2013 4:34 AM
  • No. That sample doesn't do screenshots. You need to already have the image before using the sample.

--Rob

Monday, December 30, 2013 6:57 PM
  • Thanks Rob
    Tuesday, December 31, 2013 4:07 AM
  • rob,

is there any possibility to take screenshots programmatically?please help me i have tried with html to canvas its working fine but it doesn't render rotated elements

Monday, March 24, 2014 7:28 AM
  • No, you can facilitate the Screenshot functionality of Windows programmatically. For privacy reasons.
    Thursday, March 27, 2014 10:52 PM