Check if a local file (in client machine) is exit via Js RRS feed

• Question

• User283528319 posted

Hi all,

I need to check if a pdf file in the client machine exists ( to upload it to server).

I need to check C:\Myprogram\Temp folder for 20 seconds and if MyDocument.pdf comes in it I want to upload it to server.

Is there any easy way to do this?

Thank you.

Monday, April 1, 2019 4:54 PM

Answers

• User475983607 posted

fatihbarut

Hi all,

I need to check if a pdf file in the client machine exists ( to upload it to server).

I need to check C:\Myprogram\Temp folder for 20 seconds and if MyDocument.pdf comes in it I want to upload it to server.

Thank you.

It's not possible.  Browser security will not allow a web application to upload files from the user's machine.  The user must select the files.

A desktop application (file listener) can implement this type of feature.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, April 1, 2019 5:00 PM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

fatihbarut

Hi all,

Thank you.

It's not possible.  Browser security will not allow a web application to upload files from the user's machine.  The user must select the files.

A desktop application (file listener) can implement this type of feature.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, April 1, 2019 5:00 PM
  • User753101303 posted

Hi,

Unclear. If you meant from a browser you can't do that for safety reasons. Only a user can select a local file that is then uploaded to your web server.

From where comes that PDF file ? Rather than being produced on the client side and uploaded it can't be created directly on the web server ? (it's not a file printed locally to a PDF printer using server side data ????)

Monday, April 1, 2019 5:04 PM
  • User283528319 posted

thanks to <g class="gr_ gr_11 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" id="11" data-gr-id="11">make</g> it clear.

Could you tell me how can I check the file in <g class="gr_ gr_38 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" id="38" data-gr-id="38">server</g> side?

Monday, April 1, 2019 7:16 PM