(Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)) RRS feed

• Question

• Sie können nicht über Ihren eigenen Beitrag abstimmen.                    

I installed Visual Studio 2008 on my new Computer with Windows 7 Ultimate.

When I open an existing Project, made on my old Computer running there with no problem I receive the following Errors and Warnings:

Warning              1             Cannot load type library for reference "AxMSWinsockLib". Bibliothek nicht registriert. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED))       Telnet Cluster 2008

Warning              3             The referenced component 'AxMSWinsockLib' could not be found.     

Warning              4             The referenced component 'MSWinsockLib' could not be found.          

Error      5             Type 'AxMSWinsockLib.AxWinsock' is not defined.

Why this LIB‘s are not registered, are Parts of Framework. The Framework is installed. The Lib's are loaded in the References of the Project.

Thank you for any hints

Wally

Monday, October 27, 2014 3:21 PM

Answers

• not sure why you use the ActiveX in a .Net application while there's a better native .Net API, but you are supposed to ship the ActiveX along with your application's installer, and make sure you register it correctly.

Visual C++ MVP

Monday, October 27, 2014 4:48 PM

All replies

• AxMSWinsockLib and MSWinsockLib are some external assemblies (.dll) that are not part of the .NET Framework. This means that you need to provide these assemblies yourself, i.e. you must copy them (the .dll files) from the old computer to the new one and possibly also add the references to them again (remove the broken reference and add a new one to the copied over assembly).

Please remember to mark helpful posts as answer and/or helpful.

Monday, October 27, 2014 4:07 PM
  • not sure why you use the ActiveX in a .Net application while there's a better native .Net API, but you are supposed to ship the ActiveX along with your application's installer, and make sure you register it correctly.

Visual C++ MVP

Monday, October 27, 2014 4:48 PM
  • Tank you for all the Information.

After Installation of Microsoft Silverlight the problrm was solved. No more Errors.

Walter

Monday, October 27, 2014 7:54 PM