Installshield QueryEdit RRS feed

• Question

• While editing any file, IVsQueryEditQuerySave2::QueryEditFiles() should be called so that source control plugins can make the necessary arrangements (like checkout the file).

But it seems that this API is not getting called for InstallShield Lite Projects even if user tries to edit the .isl file or .isproj file. 

This causes all the source control operation to fail and hence any user who is using Installshield in VS2012/VS2013 is not able to manage his code in source control repository.

Could you please confirm if its a bug and something which can be fixed?

Thank you in advance for your time and reply.

Regards,
    Ganesh Agrawal

Thanks, Ganesh Agrawal

Thursday, September 11, 2014 12:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Ganesh,

Which source control plugin are you using? Could you please create a sample project and upload it in OneDrive so that we can reproduce this problem?

Also make sure the .isl file or .isproj file is not readonly and under the source control. If you're sure this method is called when other type of files are edited, then please submit a feedback in Microsoft Connect:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 15, 2014 3:12 PM
  • Thank you for replying.

I am a source control plugin provider developer.

Firstly, I created a solution containing installshield project and a C# project. Secondly, I added the solution to source control. That means now the .isproj and .isl file are under source control repository. They are Read-Write in the local file system. After that when I try to edit Program.cs file, which is under C# project, I do get call back at QueryEditFiles() method.  

Unfortunately the same does not happen when I edit the  .isl file, for example by changing some of the properties of the installshield project, like changing the version number. I do not receive a call back at QueryEditFiles() method at all. 

I do get a call back at QuerySaveFile() when the save button is pressed. Call back to QueryEditFiles() is completely missing. This does not give me opportunity to manage my data structures and perform checkout, for example. 

Let me know.

Thanks,

Ganesh Agrawal

Thanks, Ganesh Agrawal

Monday, September 15, 2014 4:52 PM