Create Lync 2010 online meeting using VBA in Outlook 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create some VB Code that can automatically click the New Online Meeting button and then I can send it to list of email addresses starting Now. 

||

\/

Dim myItem As Object
     Dim Attendees As Outlook.Recipient
     Set BridgeCall = Application.CreateItem(olAppointmentItem)
     BridgeCall.MeetingStatus = olMeeting
     BridgeCall.subject = "SUBJECT LINE OF MEETING"
     BridgeCall.Location = "LOCATION OF CALL"
     BridgeCall.Start = Now
     BridgeCall.AllDayEvent = True
     BridgeCall.BusyStatus = olBusy
     BridgeCall.Importance = olImportanceHigh
     BridgeCall.Body = "Dear All, etc etc!"
     BridgeCall.SendUsingAccount = "EMAIL ACCOUNT TO SEND FROM"
     Set Attendees = BridgeCall.Recipients.Add("EMAILS HERE")

SOMEHWERE IN BODY SHOULD INCLUDE LYNC CONFERENCE ID AND CALL URL. 

Attendees.Type = olOptional
     BridgeCall.Display (True)

Thursday, March 24, 2016 9:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Chezminda,

>> I am trying to create some VB Code that can automatically click the New Online Meeting button and then I can send it to list of email addresses starting Now.

With Outlook Object model, we could not achieve this. Lync meeting is an add-in for Outlook, it is not in Outlook Object model.

>> SOMEHWERE IN BODY SHOULD INCLUDE LYNC CONFERENCE ID AND CALL URL.

To achieve this, you will need conference ID and call url, and then write them in the appointment body. Based on your code, you could write email body. So, the only issue is how to get conference ID and call url. As my understand, the conference id and call url is stationary for every, I suggest you collect them and write them in email body. For getting them manually you could refer the link below:

# See and edit a conference ID that is assigned to a user
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/See-and-edit-a-conference-ID-that-is-assigned-to-a-user-cf36b4fb-e5b1-4135-b70e-14cf7ce1eb57

If you want them by code, I think it is more related with lync developing, I would suggest you post this requirement in the forum below:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/home?forum=communicationsserversdk&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 25, 2016 5:46 AM
  • Hi Chezminda,

In my option, Application.CommandBars.ExecuteMso would not work for your requirement. Online meeting is an add-in for Outlook, it is not outlook built-in button. As in the link from Eugene.

This method is useful in cases where there is no object model for a particular command. Works on controls that are built-in buttons, toggleButtons and splitButtons.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, March 31, 2016 3:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Chezminda,

>> I am trying to create some VB Code that can automatically click the New Online Meeting button and then I can send it to list of email addresses starting Now.

With Outlook Object model, we could not achieve this. Lync meeting is an add-in for Outlook, it is not in Outlook Object model.

>> SOMEHWERE IN BODY SHOULD INCLUDE LYNC CONFERENCE ID AND CALL URL.

To achieve this, you will need conference ID and call url, and then write them in the appointment body. Based on your code, you could write email body. So, the only issue is how to get conference ID and call url. As my understand, the conference id and call url is stationary for every, I suggest you collect them and write them in email body. For getting them manually you could refer the link below:

# See and edit a conference ID that is assigned to a user
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/See-and-edit-a-conference-ID-that-is-assigned-to-a-user-cf36b4fb-e5b1-4135-b70e-14cf7ce1eb57

If you want them by code, I think it is more related with lync developing, I would suggest you post this requirement in the forum below:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/home?forum=communicationsserversdk&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Best Regards,

Edward

Friday, March 25, 2016 5:46 AM
  • Hello Chezmida,

You may try to use Microsoft Active Accessibility to find the control and run controls programmatically.

The ExecuteMso method of the CommandBars (see the Explorer.CommandBars property) class executes the control identified by the idMso parameter. This method is useful in cases where there is no object model for a particular command. Works on controls that are built-in buttons, toggleButtons and splitButtons.

Friday, March 25, 2016 7:51 AM
  • Hello, 

Many thanks for your answer, would you be able to demonstrate what you mean with some VBA. I am currently struggling to be able to find the On-line Meeting control. 

Application.CommandBars.ExecuteMso (“Copy”)

That's the only example it gives, how would I link this to the accessibility options?

Thank you very much!!

Chris C

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 6:36 AM
  • Hi Chezminda,

In my option, Application.CommandBars.ExecuteMso would not work for your requirement. Online meeting is an add-in for Outlook, it is not outlook built-in button. As in the link from Eugene.

This method is useful in cases where there is no object model for a particular command. Works on controls that are built-in buttons, toggleButtons and splitButtons.

Best Regards,

Edward

Thursday, March 31, 2016 3:19 AM
  • Thank you very much for your time and support with this thread. 

It's just a shame macros weren't designed to work with the official add-ins, there could be some really powerful macro development otherwise!

Best regards,

Chris C

Thursday, June 2, 2016 8:59 AM