none
Error HRESULT_E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. The tab has been closed

Question

• I receive the above error when opening a customers Visual Studio 2013 solution in the bottom of Visual Studio 2013 Professional.

Questions:

1) WHAT COM COMPONENT was called?

2) WHAT Tab has been closed?

These might lead one to the trigger for the failure.  The error is at the bottom of the screenshot below.  Filenames have been pixilized to protect our customers data.  (Disregard... my account has not yet been verified... so I was unable to post the screenshot.)   

Monday, June 27, 2016 4:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Ross Youngblood,

thanks for posting here.

>>I receive the above error when opening a customers Visual Studio 2013 solution in the bottom of Visual Studio 2013 Professional.

Could you please provide more information about your case? What's the type of your project? Did this issue only happened on this project or also happened on other project too?

Since your problem may more related to vs using, I will move your case to vs general forum for better help. You understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,

Sera Yu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 2:31 AM
  • I receive the above error when opening a customers Visual Studio 2013 solution in the bottom of Visual Studio 2013 Professional.

Questions:

1) WHAT COM COMPONENT was called?

2) WHAT Tab has been closed?

These might lead one to the trigger for the failure.  The error is at the bottom of the screenshot below.  Filenames have been pixilized to protect our customers data.  (Disregard... my account has not yet been verified... so I was unable to post the screenshot.)   

Same here. Maybe something todo with the vs.net detected new update 3, So everything gone crazy. Failed to load project solution and failed to load everything too. Now i downloading update 3, see what gone on next. Damn, my work is delay because of this!
    Tuesday, June 28, 2016 5:12 AM
  • Hi Ross & Han Ching,

>>my account has not yet been verified... so I was unable to post the screenshot

For this issue, maybe you could verify your account here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=reportabug

>>Error HRESULT_E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. The tab has been closed.

For this issue, I just met it before which was related to the project file or the Project cache. 

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13361199/error-hresult-e-fail-has-been-returned-from-a-call-to-a-com-component-vs2012-whe

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/smondal/2013/03/08/error-hresult-e_fail-has-been-returned-from-a-call-to-a-com-component/

If possible, I suggest you discuss this issue with your customer, and make sure that what the Environment and VS IDE version requirements, please also make sure that whether it is the project file's issue if you make sure that you use the correct VS and Windows Environment. Please make sure that your current VS version really supports this project type or it also requires other package except the default VS IDE.

Or you could test it in other VS2013 machine, if it works well, at least, we could know that it is not the project issue, we would think about the VS or the windows Environment.

But if it still has this issue, maybe we would think about the project itself.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 9:50 AM