none
Cloud Storage

Question

• We are currently looking for a cloud solution for storing our enterprise data. Currently we have around 2.5TB data on our windows file server.

Our target is to 

1.move these data files to the cloud. Most of our files are mainly office documents (word - excel - ppt), cad files and other drawing file extensions.

2. We are to have 4 folders

- LOC1
    - LOC2
    - LOC3
    - LOC4

These folders are to be shared and mapped to their machines based on their AD permissions.

We like to understand if we can 

1. achieve the above with Egnyte

2. Please explain the backup strategies of the data

3. availabilty strategy

4. data protection - against malware ransomware etc

5. Active Directory Integration

6. Can we have snapshot backups of our virtual and physical servers to the cloud

7. Snapshot backups of user files - can we exclude files based on extensions.

Monday, October 3, 2016 12:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

From your description, have a look at OneDrive for Business. More details also available here. For Egnyte questions, please refer to their support channels.

Best regards, Kjetil :) Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

My blog

Monday, October 3, 2016 1:05 PM
  • I'm wondering if you found a solution that is working for you. I work at Microsoft and we're working on something that might be a good fit. Interested in hearing more? If so, contact me at 'adamun' at the Microsoft domain.
    Tuesday, December 20, 2016 12:09 AM