none
Trying to send mail through REST API throwing error code "MailboxNotEnabledForRESTAPI" RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working on a sample application in android to send mail through Office365 API.

1.Done with the retrieving process of authorization code while entering credentials.

2.Done with the retrieving process of access token which we have send in every API call for authorization.

3.Trying to send mail through Office365 API but throwing an below error

{"error":{"code":"MailboxNotEnabledForRESTAPI","message":"REST API is not yet supported for this mailbox."}}

Note:Create app using v2 app model preview account using client_id and redirect_uri(Mobile Platform) from that account. 

Query:In documentation mentioned outlook account must be enabled by Microsoft or have to raise a request for outlook mail account enabled send a mail to 'outlookdev@microsoft.com' to test app with API access. How long it will take to create a test account with enabled status?Please reply back.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 7:25 AM

Answers

• Hi Sriram,

>> {"error":{"code":"MailboxNotEnabledForRESTAPI","message":"REST API is not yet supported for this mailbox."}}

Which mail account you used? If you use outlook.com account, you need to enable mailboxes on outlook.com for the outlook rest api. If your account has not been enabled, you will get this error.

For your issue, I suggest you enable mailboxes on Outlook.com. Before your account enabled, I suggest you request a new, enabled Outlook.com developer preview account by emailing outlookdev@microsoft.com.

You could refer the link below for more information.
    # Use the Outlook REST API
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/office/office365/APi/use-outlook-rest-api#OutlookRESTCaution

>>How long it will take to create a test account with enabled status?
    This forum is used to ask questions and comment about developing apps for Office 2013. I am not sure how long it will take.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 1, 2015 8:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Sriram,

>> {"error":{"code":"MailboxNotEnabledForRESTAPI","message":"REST API is not yet supported for this mailbox."}}

Which mail account you used? If you use outlook.com account, you need to enable mailboxes on outlook.com for the outlook rest api. If your account has not been enabled, you will get this error.

For your issue, I suggest you enable mailboxes on Outlook.com. Before your account enabled, I suggest you request a new, enabled Outlook.com developer preview account by emailing outlookdev@microsoft.com.

You could refer the link below for more information.
    # Use the Outlook REST API
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/office/office365/APi/use-outlook-rest-api#OutlookRESTCaution

>>How long it will take to create a test account with enabled status?
    This forum is used to ask questions and comment about developing apps for Office 2013. I am not sure how long it will take.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, October 1, 2015 8:04 AM
  • Hi Edward,

Thanks for your reply already raised a request by sending mail to Outlookdev@microsoft.com. Waiting for the reply. Is there any other way to access REST API other than using outlook account. 

Thanks,

Sriram

Thursday, October 1, 2015 12:42 PM
  • Hi Sriram,

With the documentation I have provided, I am afraid not, and I suggest you wait for Outlookdev@microsoft.com.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Edward

Monday, October 5, 2015 8:27 AM