none
Connection problem with VB .Net e Caché RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

My client has a Caché Databease, wich I´m not familiar with, but in his environment the apllication works fine.

But when I try to debug my Vb .Net aplication from my machine using VS 2K8 via VPN I get the following error:

Erro ocorrido em: clsBancoDados.Connect às 27/11/2009 04:14:08
    Descrição do erro: ERROR [08S01] [Caché ODBC][State : 08S01][Native Code 461]
    [D:\Fontes\_Novo\TotalSales\Administrador\Admin\bin\Admin.vshost.exe]
    InterSystems Caché ODBC Error 461.
    ERROR [01000] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] O driver não oferece suporte à versão de comportamento de ODBC solicitada pelo aplicativo (consulte SQLSetEnvAttr).

Its in portuguese, but in English I believe it wolud be something like this:

Error Source: clsDataBase.Connect às 27/11/2009 04:14:08
    Error Description: ERROR [08S01] [Caché ODBC][State : 08S01][Native Code 461]
    [D:\Fontes\_Novo\TotalSales\Administrador\Admin\bin\Admin.vshost.exe]
    InterSystems Caché ODBC Error 461.
    ERROR [01000] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The driver doesn't support the ODBC behavior version requested by the application (see SQLSetEnvAttr)

This is the Connection String I'm using:

DRIVER={InterSystems ODBC};SERVER=192.0.2.94;PORT=56774;DATABASE=DESENVOLVIMENTO;UID=ROGEFACIL;PWD=rogefacil;

Could it be a driver version problem? How do I solve it?

I've tried to create the connection from ODCB directly and test it, and the return was:

"Invalid Host/Port; Caché Not Running; Network Down"

I also know the Server is a Unix, and does not responds to ICMP or Telnet, but in the client's server, the application is running well.

Any idea?

Thankyou very much!

Best Regards,
    Rafael Thomé Guimarães
    Friday, November 27, 2009 7:35 PM

Answers