none
Accessing Metadata problem RRS feed

• Question

• I want to create the metadata explorer (BAPI/RFC) just like microsoft user control is.

I want to add the BAPIs component wise, like done in MS user control. I want to add dynamically whenever tree node is explored. The problem is it needs the nodeID always. Since if i go deeper to retrieve metadata then come back to the outer most node the data is lost since i dont have node id for the that selected node, how to achieve retrieving this metadata?

Thanks

Taruna

Friday, January 25, 2008 9:47 AM

Answers

• Every TreeNode object has a "Tag" property which can be used to store any arbitrary user data. You can store your objects in that property, and then access them later on.
    Saturday, January 26, 2008 7:12 AM

All replies

• Every TreeNode object has a "Tag" property which can be used to store any arbitrary user data. You can store your objects in that property, and then access them later on.
    Saturday, January 26, 2008 7:12 AM
  • i'm using asp application treeview, so i didnt find any tag property though i'm using value property to set the nodeid for each node added, it worked as needed, you gave a fantastic idea. thanks a lot.

Taruna

Monday, January 28, 2008 1:37 PM