Add-on - "Element not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070490)" RRS feed

• Question

• I released version 1 of my app and users asked for an ad free option so I'm creating version 1.1 with an add-on option to remove ads. To test this I created an add-on for development and testing (gave it a 'free' price, durable, 'Available for purchase. Not displayed in your app's listing') and it works great with the new app version.  So I'm getting ready to release and created another add-on that would be the one users would purchase, so it has a price, durable, 'Available for purchase. May be displayed in your app's listing', published it but when I test the StoreID for the final add-on I get "Element not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070490)", whereas the testing add-on works great.  Both add-on are listed correctly under my App and are both marked as 'This submission is in the Store.'.  Have I missed anything or configured the add-on wrong such that I'm getting this error or what could the problem be?

Thanks

Monday, November 21, 2016 8:41 PM

Answers

• The problem is only for some languages/regions and its when you pass a DateTimeOffset.MaxValue or DateTimeOffset.MinValue to DateTimeFormatter.Format in order to get a localized date/time format.  Microsoft is all over this one so it should be fixed soon.  I was able to eliminate the thread combination that lead to this value being passed in my code so we are good to go.

Thanks

• Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Monday, December 5, 2016 5:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Blake McNeill Tuesday, December 6, 2016 9:14 PM
    Monday, December 5, 2016 4:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Blake,

Usually, the exception "Element not found" is caused by calling a method or something too early. So you might check the line of code from which the exception is thrown to see if you need to move it to another position.

If you have difficulty fixing it, please feel free to share your code here.

Or you might refer to the Store sample on Git Hub to configure your add-on product again.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 3:14 AM
  • Hello Blake,

Anything update?

I can reproduce your issue with the same error. After publishing in the Store, it might take at least 24 hours for the add-on product info to work. Before that, if you make developing test, it will turn out that exception.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Wednesday, November 30, 2016 10:29 AM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2016 10:28 AM
  • The problem is only for some languages/regions and its when you pass a DateTimeOffset.MaxValue or DateTimeOffset.MinValue to DateTimeFormatter.Format in order to get a localized date/time format.  Microsoft is all over this one so it should be fixed soon.  I was able to eliminate the thread combination that lead to this value being passed in my code so we are good to go.

Thanks

• Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Monday, December 5, 2016 5:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Blake McNeill Tuesday, December 6, 2016 9:14 PM
    Monday, December 5, 2016 4:11 AM
  • Hi Blake,

Appreciate your sharing, which you may mark as an answer so that more community member can refer to it when the same exception occurs.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support

Monday, December 5, 2016 5:13 AM