none
Invalid argument. (Error 3001) in access 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

i have created a new database in access 2007 format. created one table. next i opened it in exclusive mode. i clicked on Encrypt with Password. then i gave password on both the textbox. when i click ok button it shows error given below:

Invalid argument. (Error 3001)

You tried to perform an operation that involves a routine in a DLL, and one of the arguments to the routine is invalid. Check your entry to make sure you have specified the correct arguments, and then try the operation again.

This error also occurs when you attempt to use mutually exclusive constants in an argument to a method, such as specifying both dbConsistent and dbInconsistent in the options argument to the OpenRecordset method.

i dont know what is the problem here. i purely created new db only and i didnt use it anywhere. also i gave different name for database.

Please help me

Thank you.

S. Mukesh Kumar
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 2:42 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It sounds like your database got corrupted.

Did you tried a Compact & Repair, if that's possible to do so, but might be not sufficient to resolve it.

Either try to recover it, by following this link:

http://allenbrowne.com/ser-47.html

Or when you have a Back-up, use this to continue your development.

In case of no back-up (which is highly recommended to have, preferrable daily), you start from scratch :(

Hope this helps,

Daniel van den Berg | Washington, USA | "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy"
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 3:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It sounds like your database got corrupted.

Did you tried a Compact & Repair, if that's possible to do so, but might be not sufficient to resolve it.

Either try to recover it, by following this link:

http://allenbrowne.com/ser-47.html

Or when you have a Back-up, use this to continue your development.

In case of no back-up (which is highly recommended to have, preferrable daily), you start from scratch :(

Hope this helps,

Daniel van den Berg | Washington, USA | "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy"
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 3:42 AM
  • Hello Mukesh,

I have tried the same in MS Access(2007&2010) both and i didn't face any problem ,may be your ms access corrupt or have some problem because in normally if we create a new database and try to encrypt it it shows one message and then we have to restart it and then when we open it again it works as a encrypted database.  try this i guess it will be work.

Thanks & Regards,
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Gaurav Badhani (Agilent techonologies)

badhani_gaurav@yahoo.com

Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:44 AM