Why did a service bus show up after adding mobile service? RRS feed

• Question

• I created 1 mobile service (.NET backend) with default 20MB SQL database, then added a scheduled job (but didn't configure).

When I logged back in to check something I noticed I also had 1 Service Bus and 1 Active directory.  

Where did these come from since I didn't add these to my account?

Friday, March 28, 2014 4:06 AM

Answers

• if you choose .NET for your Mobile Services backend, you'll get something provisioned on Service Bus as well for the Notification Hubs. The .NET backend uses Notification Hubs for Push Notifications.
    Wednesday, April 2, 2014 12:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

From my experience, if we add a new mobile service, it will not add service bus or active directory, I think this may be related with your mobile service, may be you use code to build service bus or active directory, I suggest you check your codes, if you encounter this issue when create new mobile service, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 28, 2014 1:04 PM
  • Well I never did anything like add any code to the mobile service. All I did was add column to my SQL database. That's it. Should I just delete those other services then?  I was thinking maybe the creation of the schedule job in .NET backend caused their addition to my account, but maybe its a glitch in their system since its still in preview?    I'm just wondering why they appear by themselves. 
    • Edited by Sal_S Friday, March 28, 2014 1:31 PM
    Friday, March 28, 2014 1:29 PM
  • Hi,

This unexpected service bus must have namespace name, I suggest you search this namespace name in your .NET backend, may be you could found out the reason.

Hope this helps

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 6:12 AM
  • if you choose .NET for your Mobile Services backend, you'll get something provisioned on Service Bus as well for the Notification Hubs. The .NET backend uses Notification Hubs for Push Notifications.
    Wednesday, April 2, 2014 12:22 PM