Package acceptance validation error: Package cannot contain multiple files with identical filenames. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I got below error yesterday:

Package acceptance validation error: Package cannot contain multiple files with identical filenames. Please correct the following files: Images\Tiles\app.front.standard.png, Images\Tiles\app.menu.png

Customer representative asked to rename "app" part of these files. We renamed it to "Images\Tiles\application.front.standard.png" and "Images\Tiles\wapplication.m" respectively. But still getting same error:

Package acceptance validation error: Package cannot contain multiple files with identical filenames. Please correct the following files: Images\Tiles\application.front.standard.png, Images\Tiles\wapplication.menu.png

We did not change anything related to file name in this build, it is same with some text modification. It used to get verified earlier.

Anyone got this error and have fix for this?

Thanks.

Friday, September 23, 2016 10:54 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I could understand the confusion you're experiencing. I'm not able to reproduce your issue but I would like to suggest you to try the following:

• Please check if there exists any file with identical filename both in .xmal and .cs code file
    • If it doesn't work, please restart your Visual Studio and re-import your app project, then get it repackaged
    • Please follow this guide to help you Avoid common certification failures .

If the issue persists, please contact Dev Center support for further assistance through your developer account.

Please click "Submit an incident" on the right side of that page. Thank you.

Best Regards!
    Mattew Wu
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Monday, October 10, 2016 6:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mattew Wu Tuesday, October 11, 2016 1:38 AM
    Monday, September 26, 2016 7:39 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I could understand the confusion you're experiencing. I'm not able to reproduce your issue but I would like to suggest you to try the following:

• Please check if there exists any file with identical filename both in .xmal and .cs code file
    • If it doesn't work, please restart your Visual Studio and re-import your app project, then get it repackaged
    • Please follow this guide to help you Avoid common certification failures .

If the issue persists, please contact Dev Center support for further assistance through your developer account.

Please click "Submit an incident" on the right side of that page. Thank you.

Best Regards!
    Mattew Wu
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Monday, October 10, 2016 6:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mattew Wu Tuesday, October 11, 2016 1:38 AM
    Monday, September 26, 2016 7:39 AM
  • hi..

did you get the solution??

m getting same error too.

please tell me if its solved..

Thursday, January 19, 2017 5:23 PM
  • m getting same error.

i even contacted dev support, but they asked me to come back and post here, as they are non technical people.

i guess its issue with build tools.. 

i tried to convert xap to zip and extracted it.. and i found out it was packed with 2 files of same name.. thats causing the issue.

its not practical to have same file name under same folder . but donno how vs can build xap that can have it.  

Thursday, January 19, 2017 5:28 PM